DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts Review
Disclaimer: DraftKings Sportsbook is not yet live in Massachusetts. This review is of expected bonuses and promotions, and will be updated once DraftKings launches in MA.
Should sports betting become legal in Massachusetts, DraftKings Sportsbook will likely be looking to seize the market leader position in its home state. DraftKings is a household name in the sports betting world and continues to expand.
Quality products and generous promotions typically go hand-in-hand with strong brand recognition, and this is the case with DraftKings. The sportsbook is never content to rest on its laurels and keeps adding features to its ever-expanding portfolio.
DraftKings has arguably the broadest range of betting options among legal US sportsbooks. Also, it serves up a variety of promotions including a welcome bonus for new users for up to $1,050. With a wealth of sportsbooks to choose from in Massachusetts, it may be tough to figure out whether DraftKings best fits your betting interests. This review will help with that by going over what Draftkings MA has to offer.
DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonus for May 2022
DraftKings runs a dual sign-up offer made up of a $50 free bet and a 20% match deposit bonus of up to $1,000. These two combined give new customers as much as $1,050 they can use to pad their bankroll after registering. To collect these perks, you’ll need to use our links, sign up for an account and meet the deposit requirements.
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Massachusetts|
|DraftKings Promo Code||Click to Claim Promo|
|Free Bet Bonus||$50 (minimum deposit of $5)|
|Deposit Bonus||20% match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
DraftKings Sportsbook Massachusetts welcome bonus — the fine print
DraftKings provides a great stimulus to join its online sportsbook in Massachusetts by providing a two-part welcome bonus. Once you sign up for an account and make an initial deposit, you’ll get a $50 free bet as well as a matching 20% up to $1,000. If we do the math, this means that you’d have to deposit $5,000 to get the full $1,000. Here are the rest of the main requirements:
- To release the $50 free bets, you need to deposit at least $5.
- The bonus cash has a 25x wagering requirement before it converts into withdrawable cash.
- Only bets with odds of -300 or longer will count toward the playthrough requirement.
- The bonus is active for 90 days, and you have to meet the requirement in that period.
All in all, this is a solid sign-up offer, despite the steep wagering target. The match percentage is far from ideal, and the bonus as a whole favors big-time depositors over casual bettors. But since no sportsbook would give out so much bonus cash without requiring bettors to jump through a few hoops — and it comes with a $50 free bet — we consider this to be a solid deal overall.
Can I trust DraftKings Sportsbook?
It’s not an understatement to say that DraftKings is one of the most trustworthy sportsbooks in the US. It is a stalwart of legal sports betting states — operating in 11 and counting — and it is one of the biggest names in daily fantasy sports.
Additionally, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, which is tasked with regulatory oversight in the gambling sector, would have to give DraftKings a thumbs up before the sportsbook could enter the market.
If you want to see first-hand just how legit DraftKings is, you have to be 21 or older and located in Massachusetts when submitting your bet. For obvious reasons, the sportsbook is off-limits to pro athletes, coaches and other key sports personnel.
Getting started at DraftKings Online Sportsbook
Signing up for an account at DraftKings is dead simple. Here’s a quick guide:
- Head to the sportsbook’s homepage, hit the sign-up button and follow the registration prompts.
- Provide a username, password and all the necessary login details. Then submit your personal information, including email, Social Security number, address, date of birth, etc.
- Tick the box that says that you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Voila! You can now deposit some money and start betting.
With some withdrawal requests, DraftKings may call on customers for a quick-fire verification. This will take a few minutes of your time and include sending over a copy of your driver’s license or other form of photo ID.
How to download the DraftKings Massachusetts app
Being such an industry titan, it goes without saying that DraftKings offers a standalone app that will allow you to bet even when you’re commuting from work, shopping for groceries or just generally out and about. The iOS and Android download links are accessible via the Sportsbook Mobile App section, at the bottom of the sportsbook website.
Where do I find DraftKings promotions?
DraftKings doesn’t leave you hanging once you use up your welcome bonus. The sportsbook looks after its existing customers, too, and can offer some creative ongoing deals. Depending on the time of year and what sports are in season, you could find any of the following:
- Insurance deals: Available on both parlays and single-game wagers, these promos will reimburse a portion of your stake if your bet nearly wins or in case a specific result happens (like the game going into overtime).
- Odds boosts: DraftKings provides boosted odds for higher-profile markets daily.
- Prize pools: DraftKings also offers both free and paid betting pools. These are contests in which bettors pick from a predetermined market selection. The most successful participants split a prize pool that sometimes reaches six digits.
Why should I choose the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
DraftKings is a betting juggernaut, and as such, it delivers excellence on pretty much all fronts. If we had to cherry-pick its best features, here are our favorites:
- Stellar betting range: Major sports, niche markets, obscure competitions — check, check and check. DraftKings provides odds on a range of sporting events, including those that receive little to no media coverage and are not available at some books. The Big 4 are DraftKings’ bread and butter, but there is also a truckload of quirky options that you probably never considered betting on, including diving, fencing and water polo. The sportsbook also has great depth, featuring a few props and futures that aren’t available in many other sportsbooks.
- A bevy of promotional offerings: DraftKings truly takes customer retention to the next level with the promotions it dishes out. On top of getting frequent bonus boosts, you can partake in free-to-enter pools for a chance to win cash prizes.
- Live cash-outs: Typically, the cash-out (otherwise known as a buyout) feature is available only before the start of a game. DraftKings breaks the mold by letting you settle a wager before the competition ends during live bets. You can cash out your bet at any point by visiting the My Bets page and hitting the yellow “cash out” button.
- Flash Bet: A few years back, DraftKings introduced Flash Bet, an innovation within the betting realm that brings more fluidity to the live betting experience by allowing users to engage in every minute of the action and place wagers in between points. This novel iteration of live betting also comes with superb graphics that reflect what’s happening in the game, providing bettors valuable insights every step of the way.
What won’t I like about the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
Even a stellar sportsbook still has room for improvement, and DraftKings is no different. Here’s a couple of the sportsbook’s missteps:
- Not always the best prices: DraftKings doesn’t necessarily provide the best odds in the business. In fact, some of its prices are far below the industry standard, and you can sometimes see increased juice for one side of a wager. DraftKings has improved a lot since its early days when it notoriously featured expensive lines all over the place, but we’re still seeing some pricing inconsistencies.
- Arduous withdrawals: Getting money from your DraftKings account may take a while because the sportsbook has payout rules that require you to use the same withdrawal method as you used to deposit. You can contact the support team to switch to another banking option for withdrawals, which may speed things up a bit. But still, you shouldn’t have to go through this much hassle to collect your payout.
What kinds of bets can I make at DraftKings Sportsbook?
DraftKings covers the whole gamut of betting options, particularly in major leagues and high-profile events. Before we dive into DraftKings’ betting menu, here’s an example of what a game listing might look like on the site:
|Boston Red Sox||-1.5 (+125)||Over 8.5 (-115)||-140|
|New York Yankees||+1.5 (-145)||Under 8.5 (-107)||+120|
How to read DraftKings odds
Regardless of the sport in question, the odds will show your prospective payout. When you look at the moneyline, the underdog team will generally have positive odds, while a negative number indicates the favorite.
There is a different payout structure when betting on the underdog or the favorite. The positive number shows how much you could profit off a winning a $100 bet. The negative numbers shows how much you’d have to wager for a chance to win $100.
DraftKings betting program
Here’s a recap of the main types of bets you can make at DraftKings:
- Moneyline bets: If you take a team on the moneyline, you’re predicting that team’s outright victory. Whether it’s a close game or a blowout, you get paid if your side wins. Games featuring two sides that are similar talent-wise will see close moneyline odds. The Red Sox odds are at -140 in our example, meaning that’s the amount you’d have to bet to win $100. Should the Yankees win, the sportsbook would pay $220 ($120 profit) to anyone who wagered $100 on New York.
- Run line: The run line is baseball’s version of the point spread bet that you’ll see for football and basketball. The aim is to even the playing field between two teams. The value on the spread tells you how much a team must win by or avoid losing by. To translate that principle to our example — the BoSox would have to win by two or more runs, while the Yankees could either win by any score or lose by a single run to stay within the run line.
- Totals: The sportsbook sets a line estimating the combined score of the game. You can wager whether the actual total score will be over or under that number. Looking at our example, if you bet on the over, you’d want to see nine or more runs. And eight or fewer if you bet on the under.
- Props: A bet on a specific aspect of a game, usually stats-related. For a marquee MLB matchup like the Red Sox-Yankees, you’d typically find various player and team props, including over/unders on pitcher strikeouts, hits, total bases and RBIs. Needless to say, DraftKings offers props for other sports, as well.
- Futures: Futures are bets on season-long outcomes. A common futures bet would be wagering on a specific team to win the World Series at the start of the season or odds on who will win the Cy Young. DraftKings is quite creative in this area and provides futures specials like the last winless team in the NFL, NBA draft futures, and individual player awards in a variety of leagues, among other options.
- Parlays: Parlays (and same game parlays) incorporate multiple wagers into one to create a bigger potential payout. For instance, you can take both the Red Sox and the Celtics on the moneyline and form a parlay, which would result in a larger potential payoff as opposed to placing these two wagers separately. Just one wrong pick, though, and you win nothing.
- Teasers: Teasers are more flexible variants of parlays that let you adjust the spread in your favor for lower returns. Like with parlays, you must be correct with all of your picks to win.
- Round robins: Think of round robins as combinations of multiple parlays. The upside is the ability to win despite not predicting all of the games accurately. The downside of round robins is lower potential returns.
- Live betting: Live betting is a distinct form of sports wagering in which you place bets after the game has started. The sportsbook will shift the lines throughout, depending on how the game plays out. This consequently means that you need to move quickly if you see odds that you like.
Can I bet on the Celtics at DraftKings?
Yes, NBA betting lines are a top option at DraftKings, as are NFL odds, NHL betting lines and MLB lines. What this means is that you’ll get a full slate of betting options for these marquee events. Let’s stick to the Boston Celtics, though, and discuss some additional wagers that you’ll see for NBA games:
- Alternate spreads and totals: If you don’t like the sportsbook’s number, this lets you try a different one. The further you move away from the original number, the more the payouts change. Let’s say DraftKings has set a total line for the Celtics game at 220.5. If you’re on the fence about taking the under at that number, you could shift it to 221.5 or more, which would be a safer albeit less profitable bet.
- To-go-to-OT props: You’re betting on whether the game goes to overtime. Since games rarely go to OT in the NBA, you’ll see some nice odds on the “yes” side of this two-way market.
- Quarter bets: A quarter bet is one you make on the result of one specific quarter; the outcomes of other quarters are irrelevant. For example, if you’re confident that the Celtics will get off to a flying start, you can bet on them to win the first quarter. Even if they lose the game afterward, you could still get paid.
How do I get money on (and off) DraftKings Sportsbook quickly?
Depositing and withdrawing at DraftKings is easy. This is because the sportsbook has a variety of payment options available:
- DraftKings gift card
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
- Credit/debit card
As far as withdrawals are concerned, your most standard options are either to have your winnings mailed to you, which won’t be finalized for at least seven days, or to cash out via PayPal. The latter is a much faster option and comes with a minimum withdrawal requirement of $1.
How do I get help at DraftKings Sportsbook?
On the off chance you experience some kind of an issue at DraftKings, you may end up needing to contact customer service. The “Help” option appears prominently in the header, and it will instantly provide you with quick answers to common queries. If that doesn’t work, you can send an email to [email protected] Better still, contact the live chat agents and get your issue solved within minutes. The service is available round the clock.
How do I exclude myself from DraftKings Sportsbook?
DraftKings doesn’t take customer protection for granted, which is why it offers several preventive measures that can help you manage your gambling. These include safe-play tools like player limits, a cool-off feature and self-exclusion, which prevents you from placing bets on the app for a set period of time.
Can I bet with DraftKings Massachusetts Sportsbook in person?
DraftKings hasn’t yet opened for business in Massachusetts, but it’s a prime candidate for acquiring an in-person betting license.
How does DraftKings compare to other Massachusetts sportsbooks?
DraftKings is one of the top sportsbooks in the US betting scene and offers a great all-around experience. While it could loosen up the wagering requirements on its welcome bonus a bit, the truth is that it provides superior promotional value to both new and existing customers. DraftKings is a trailblazer and frequently comes up with new ways to keep users engaged, as evidenced by its Flash Bet function, which will take your live betting experience to a new level. All of this, combined with top-of-the-line market coverage, makes DraftKings one of the best betting sites in the industry.