BetMGM Sportsbook Massachusetts – Bonus Code for $1,000
Disclaimer: BetMGM Sportsbook is not yet live in Massachusetts. This review is of expected bonuses and promotions, and will be updated once BetMGM launches in MA.
With the potential for legal sports betting in Massachusetts, BetMGM Sportsbook could be a name to watch. The sportsbook has a deep betting lineup with competitive odds and parlay boosts. It also offers new users a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000.
And that is just some of BetMGM’s features. To find out more about how this sportsbook goes about its business and what separates it from the pack, read our comprehensive review below. And if you like what you see and wish to claim the sign-up offer, we have information on that, too.
BetMGM Massachusetts Bonus Code 2022
Many sportsbooks offer special welcome bonuses to new users in order to stand out among the competition. BetMGM is no different. The intro offer at BetMGM Sportsbook in Massachusetts is a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000. When you sign up, enter the bonus code PLAYBONUS to qualify.
|Online Sportsbook||BetMGM Sportsbook MA|
|BetMGM Bonus Code||PLAYBONUS|
|Sign Up Offer||Risk Free Bet up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||October 2022|
BetMGM MA Sign-Up Bonus – How To Get The $1,000 Risk-Free Bet
Once you’ve created an account and used the PLAYBONUS code, you’ll need to make a minimum deposit of $10. Then the bonus will apply to your first bet on the site. If your bet wins, you receive your winnings as normal, and the bonus does not apply. If your first bet loses, however, BetMGM MA will refund 100% of your stake as free bets, up to $1,000.
You’ll receive the refund in installments, based on the amount of your wager. If you bet $49 or less, you’ll receive one free bet ticket in that amount. If you bet $50 or more, you’ll get five free bet tickets, each equal to 20% of your original wager.
For example, if you place a wager of $200 and lose, BetMGM will give you five free bet tickets worth $40 each. Once BetMGM provides the refund, you’ll have seven days to make the most of it — if you don’t use your free bets by then, they’ll expire.
How Does BetMGM’s Welcome Bonus Stack Up?
BetMGM’s welcome bonus is in the middle of the pack when it comes to sportsbook bonuses. Risk-free bets are always a good thing, but a few other platforms offer bigger risk-free bet deals. In addition, a few of them will also match your first deposit, which is arguably a more enticing type of bonus. That being said, BetMGM’s opening bonus is quite generous, and the fact that you can receive multiple free bets if you bet $50 or more adds some nice flexibility and is a point in its favor. So overall, BetMGM still offers a quality welcome bonus that new users should be sure to claim once Massachusetts sports betting is live.
Can I Trust BetMGM Sportsbook?
Yes, BetMGM is a very trustworthy sportsbook. It’s a product of two powerhouses — MGM Resorts and Entain. The former is a trusted brand that has been part of the Las Vegas gambling scene for decades now. And Entain made its name in the European online and retail gambling sector, where it operates several top-tier skins.
BetMGM is currently live in 10 states and Washington, DC, with more likely on the way as it is expanding at a rapid pace. The sportsbook has received approval from the regulatory agencies in each of these states, which adds to its trustworthiness.
Massachusetts hasn’t yet formed a regulatory framework for sports betting, but it will likely use the same model that is prevalent across the country. If that’s the case, then you’ll be able to place bets at BetMGM Sportsbook only if you’re 21 or older and present in the Bay State.
Getting Started At BetMGM Sportsbook In Massachusetts
To create an account at BetMGM, follow these steps:
- Note the bonus code above and head to the sportsbook website. Enter the code when prompted.
- Complete the three-step registration process. You’ll need to submit some basic personal info in addition to creating your login credentials. At some point, you’ll need to provide the last four digits of your Social Security number to confirm your details.
- Tick the terms and conditions box to confirm your participation.
- You can now make an initial deposit and get ready to bet.
If BetMGM is unable to verify the info you provided during registration, you will have to send additional proof of ID in the form of an image of your driver’s license, passport or some other government-issued document.
How Do I Download The BetMGM Massachusetts App?
If you don’t feel like placing bets through your PC or laptop, you can download the BetMGM MA app and use the sportsbook on your phone or tablet. The app is free and available for Android and iOS. To download it, head to the app page on the sportsbook website via mobile browser and follow the prompts to download the appropriate version for your device.
Where Do I Find BetMGM Massachusetts Promotions?
The “Promotions” button is located between “Favorites” and “Search,” at the top right corner of the homepage. As much as the lobby seems stuffed, only half of the tabs are promotions-related; the rest are BetMGM’s standalone features, a sports betting guide and a summary of the M life Rewards program.
Nonetheless, there’s plenty of ongoing promos at any given moment. Betting insurance deals are usually active, while parlay odds boosts are mostly time-limited and tied to a specific sport or event. Existing customers can also benefit from weekly free bet promotions and sports contests, which give sharp bettors a chance to claim prizes.
Why Should I Choose The BetMGM Sportsbook App?
BetMGM is one of the top names when it comes to legal US sportsbooks. How did it get there? Well, sheer brand recognition and aggressive marketing were certainly some of the main catalysts, but it also has several other notable points in its favor:
- Rewarding loyalty club: Not many sportsbooks run loyalty programs, and especially not ones with as much to offer as M life Rewards. The more actively you bet, the faster you’ll amass loyalty points, and the better and bigger the perks you’ll receive. You’ll get one point for every $100 that you wager on single-game bets, as well as a point for every $50 that you wager on multi-bets. Once you amass a sufficient number of points, you can redeem them for a variety of perks.
- Cool features: BetMGM pioneered and perfected several popular features in the betting industry. The biggest one is the parlay bet generator that lets you create a random parlay by selecting the desired odds range and overall winnings. Also, BetMGM is among the few sportsbooks that provide live streaming of high-level sporting events from NHL, NBA and a few other leagues.
- Slew of odds boosts: Odds boosts have become an integral part of almost every sportsbook’s promo campaign. BetMGM delivers in spades on this front and provides a multitude of boosts for both single-game bets and parlays.
What Won’t I Like About The BetMGM Sports Betting App?
In the ever-evolving sports betting sector, sportsbooks must be at the top of their game to stay relevant. Although BetMGM is one of those top books, there are still a few things it could stand to improve:
- Slow loading speed: Big picture — the usability on the site is great. The sportsbook has gone for a minimal approach that should work well for novices. The platform is intuitive, and all the main buttons are neatly placed throughout the top menu. Stability-wise, BetMGM meets the mark. However, the responsiveness is subpar, and it can take too long to load certain pages.
- Make the mobile section more transparent: Typically, sportsbooks have direct access links to apps somewhere on the homepage (in most cases the site’s footer). At BetMGM, you have to jump through a few hoops to get to the mobile page. Sure, you can download the apps directly via their respective app stores, but it would be nice if it were easier to do it without leaving the site.
What Kind Of Bets Can I Make At BetMGM Sportsbook?
BetMGM has a versatile betting catalog that includes standard wagers and a solid range of side bets. The sportsbook also has odds on a wide variety of live games. Here’s an example of a game listing at BetMGM, followed by explanations of the various wagers.
|New England Patriots||+6.5 (-110)||Over 51.5 (-110)||+225|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||-6.5 (-110)||Under 51.5 (-110)||-275|
Straight Bets At BetMGM
Straight bets are the starter pack for nearly every sport BetMGM covers. Of the three straight bets, the moneyline is perhaps the easiest for beginners to understand. A moneyline bet is simply a wager on one side or the other to win a game. Winning margins doesn’t matter, and the odds indicate which team is the favorite and which is the underdog, as well as how much a successful bet will win.
If you’re betting on the underdog, indicated by the positive number, you’re in line for a bigger potential payout than if you were to wager the same amount on the favorite. In the example above, a winning $100 wager on the New England Patriots would get you $225 in profit. A bet on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, meanwhile, would require a wager of $275 to win $100 in profit, and a bet of $100 would win you $36.36 if successful.
The point spread, meanwhile, takes into account the winning margin. The favorite needs to “beat the spread,” which means winning by more than the line indicates. A wager on the underdogs (in this case, the Patriots) will pay out as long as that team doesn’t lose by more than the spread (in this case, 6.5). The odds on both sides of a spread bet will generally be right around -110.
A bet on the total is quite straightforward. The sportsbook posts a line for the total combined score of the game, and you can wager whether the actual total will be over or under that line. In our example, the line is 51.5. Over bets will be successful if the Patriots and Buccaneers combine to score 52 or more points. Under bets would require 51 or fewer points.
What Side Bets Will I Find At BetMGM?
In addition to bets on game outcomes, BetMGM offers a variety of props and futures, especially for prime-time events.
Props are bets on certain aspects that occur within a game, such as wagers on individual player statistics like points, rebounds, assists, home runs, TD passes and so forth. Other examples of props are whether the game will go into overtime or which team will score first.
Futures wagers are much more long-term than single-game bets because you’re betting on a whole series of contests spread across several months or the entire year. They’re tough to predict but can deliver hefty payouts. Here are some common examples:
- Betting on a team to win the next Super Bowl, NBA Finals, World Series, NCAA Championship or Stanley Cup.
- Conference and division winners.
- Over/under bets on team regular-season wins.
- Odds on an individual player to win the MVP award, Cy Young award, complete the most passing TDs or throw the most interceptions during the NFL
Parlays, Round Robins and Teasers
BetMGM also lets you combine multiple bets onto the same slip, creating a parlay, teaser or round robin bet. The common denominator for all three of these bets is that the potential payout will increase the more bets you add to the mix.
With parlays and teasers, you must get all of your picks correct to win anything. Teasers are less risky, though, because the sportsbook will allow you to shift the lines in your favor. Round robin bets are combinations of multiple parlays, arranged in such a way that you can still win some money if you miss a pick. The more you get right, however, the bigger the payoff.
MGM sportsbook has offered limited same-game parlays on the NFL and NBA.
Live betting becomes available once the game kicks off. You’ll find updated versions of the standard bets above, as well as a variety of props. The odds, however, will change throughout the game to reflect shifts in momentum, time left in the game and other key factors. These line movements can happen rapidly, so you have to be vigilant and prepared to jump on a bet if you see something you like.
Can I Bet On Boston Sports Teams At BetMGM?
Yes. The betting market at BetMGM is vast, and odds and lines are available for games involving all Boston sports teams. Boston Celtics odds are offered for all 82 games of the regular season, plus the playoffs and NBA Finals. For the NHL season, BetMGM offers Boston Bruins odds & props for all 82 regular season games, as well as the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The same can be said for the NFL, as BetMGM offers New England Patriots odds & props throughout the NFL season. And don’t forget about baseball. BetMGM also offers a vast betting market for the Boston Red Sox. Here are some additional basketball bets you might find on BetMGM Sportsbook Massachusetts for Celtics games:
- Season specials: Following the end of the NBA Finals, BetMGM will release various futures for the upcoming season. On top of the customary bet on which team will win the next championship, you can also bet on conference winners and individual award winners.
- NBA player prop odds: BetMGM offers a variety of prop bets on player assists, rebounds and points. There are also star player specials where bettors can place wagers on the unique accomplishments of the team’s superstars. For example, you can bet on Jayson Tatum to score more than 40 points or record 10-plus assists.
- Halves/quarters: Instead of predicting the final outcome, you can bet on specific segments of the game, like how many points the Celtics will score in the first quarter or which quarter will have the highest score.
BetMGM Sportsbook Payment Options
BetMGM’s cashier offers a variety of banking methods, some of which you can use for both deposits and withdrawals. Here’s how you can fund your BetMGM account in Massachusetts:
- Debit card
- Online bank transfer
- BetMGM Play+ prepaid card
There are fewer withdrawal options, but still more than what you’ll find at some sportsbooks:
- BetMGM Play+
- Online banking transfer
BetMGM Massachusetts FAQs
How Do I Get Help At BetMGM Sportsbook?
This is one of the few areas where BetMGM could improve. To get in touch with a support agent, you have to complete a couple of steps. First, you need to open the “Help and contact” tab, which will send you to the FAQ page intro with several subject areas. And then, if you still need assistance, click the option that says you require more help. From there on, you can choose to talk to a support representative via live chat or send an email and discuss your query that way.
How Do I Exclude Myself From BetMGM Sportsbook?
You can manage your gambling activities at BetMGM in a more responsible manner by setting up personal limits (deposit, loss and time). If these tools don’t help, and you notice things might be getting out of hand, you can also sign up for the self-exclusion program and ban yourself from betting for a specified period. Via its responsible gambling page, BetMGM also provides educational material on the warning signs of problem gambling and contact info for responsible gambling programs.
Can I Bet With BetMGM Massachusetts In Person?
Not yet. As of September, BetMGM does not have a physical sportsbook location in Massachusetts. However, it would not be surprising to see a retail BetMGM Sportsbook pop up in Massachusetts in the future.
How Does BetMGM Compare To Other Massachusetts Sportsbooks?
Looking at its overall lineup, BetMGM Sportsbook is expected to be one of the top Massachusetts sportsbooks. It has a solid bonus program and a great range of sports to bet on. All the cool features other sportsbooks offer? They’re all on tap at BetMGM, in addition to a few distinct ones. On top of all this, you can participate in the M life Rewards program, which is one of the best loyalty programs in the gambling industry.