Disclaimer: Online sports betting is legal in Massachusetts, however, Bally Bet has not launched in the state as of September 2023. There is no timeline for when Bally Bet Massachusetts will come online.
Top Massachusetts sportsbook welcome offers in September 2023
Online sports betting went live in Massachusetts in March 2023. Bally Bet Sportsbook is not live yet, and as of September, there is no word of when Bally Bet will launch in Massachusetts. Keep reading our Bally Bet Massachusetts review for what you can expect from the online sportsbook when it comes online in the Bay State.
In this review, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about Bally Bet Massachusetts, including how to sign up for an account. We’ll also break down the pros and cons of using Bally Bet Sportsbook and explain how it stacks up against other Massachusetts sports betting platforms.
Bally Bet is currently available in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, New York and Virginia, with Ohio on the horizon once Bally Bet receives the regulatory green light. Though Bally Bet has received largely positive reviews in its existing jurisdictions, it remains a lesser-known option compared to some of the blue-chip brands available nationwide.
- User experience: Though minor bugs have been reported, Bally Bet has robust mobile and desktop platforms. The sportsbook stands out by offering users the ability to stream games from within the betting platform.
- Odds: Bally Bet’s odds tend to hover right around the Las Vegas average, meaning they’re competitive without being particularly strong or weak from a pricing perspective.
- Promos: Bally Bet Sportsbook does not offer a welcome bonus at this time for US users, which is disappointing. Hopefully, by the time it launches in Massachusetts a welcome bonus we be added.
- Best feature: Bally Bet’s streaming capabilities make it a top choice for users who want to watch the games they’re betting on, or for users who favor live betting.
Bally Bet promo code for Massachusetts
Bally Bet Sportsbook does not have a welcome bonus as of September 2023.
|Bally Bet Promo Code||Coming Soon|
|Welcome Bonus||None currently offered at Bally Bet|
|Best Feature||Bally Rewards program for existing customers|
|Launch Date||As early as September 2023|
|Last Updated||September 25, 2023|
Maximizing the Bally Bet welcome offer
If Bally Bet Sportsbook Massachusetts adds a welcome bonus, we’ll give you all the details about claiming it and taking full advantage of it here.
When will Bally Bet Sportsbook Massachusetts launch?
Online sports betting launched in Massachusetts in March 2023. Before then, it then was announced that Bally Bet would launch in Massachusetts in May. May has come and gone with no launch and Bally Bet has been coy about what the current plan is. And as we sit in September, no launch date has been announced for Bally Bet Sportsbook Massachusetts.
Online sports betting in Massachusetts debuted on March 10, 2023, just in time for March Madness. Retail sports betting in the state launched on January 31, 2023.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) — the regulatory body that controls gambling in Massachusetts — has already issued a license to Bally Bet.
Bally Bet is one of six sportsbooks to have been granted an “untethered” license to operate in Massachusetts. This means Bally Bet does not need a partnership with one of the Massachusetts casinos or sports teams to begin operating.
Getting started at Bally Bet in Massachusetts
Signing up at Bally Bet is easy. Head to the Bally Bet site from a link on this page, and then click the “Join Now” button in the top right-hand corner of your screen. You’ll be redirected to the registration form, where you’ll need to supply some information. This will include:
- A new username and password
- Your name and email address
- Your date of birth
- Your phone number
- Your home address
- The last four digits of your SSN
Once you’ve verified that you’re physically located in Massachusetts and over the age of 21, you’ll be all set to start wagering at Bally Bet.
Bally Bet Massachusetts app rating (3.8/5)
Bally Bet’s mobile app performs relatively well, though it has received better reviews on the Google Play Store than on the Apple App Store. The Colorado, Iowa and Virginia versions of the app have received an average score of 3.4 out of 5 on the Google Play Store compared to 2.2 on the Apple App Store. The app is easily navigated, and the biggest upside is undoubtedly the ability to stream games in-app. Still, some glitches and bugs have been reported that limit its functionality.
Here are some more details on how the Bally Bet mobile app stacks up:
- Ease of logging in – 4.1/5: Signing in is made easy with fingerprint and face log-in options.
- Ease of placing bets – 4.7/5: Some instances of crashing have been reported, but otherwise placing bets is smooth and easy. It takes just one or two clicks.
- Overall speed – 3.7/5: App update speeds are good, but some users have reported bugs and lags that can limit the ease of updating the app, particularly on iOS devices.
- Ability to place parlays – 4.6/5: Bally Bet has a strong set of parlay options, and adding bets to a parlay on your bet slip is smooth and straightforward.
- Ability to place Same Game Parlays – 3.9/5: Though there are fewer SGP options available than some bettors might like, it’s easy to place them through the Bally Bet mobile app.
- Overall (3.8/5): The Bally Bet app boasts a smooth layout and a pleasant red-and-white interface. It even allows users to stream games in-app. However, some glitches have caused past users headaches, with the app reported to crash unexpectedly in rare cases. Overall, it isn’t perfect, but it remains a solid option.
Bally Bet Sportsbook vs. Caesars Sportsbook
To help you decide if Bally Bet is the right option for you, here’s a quick table illustrating how it stacks up against one of its big-name competitors in Massachusetts: Caesars Massachusetts Sportsbook.
|Feature||Bally Bet||Caesars Sportsbook|
|Same Game Parlays||Some||Yes|
|Top Benefit||Rewards||$1,000 welcome bonus|
|What's Lacking?||App Reliability||In-app streaming|
As you can see, Bally Bet struggles to compete against platforms that offer Massachusetts sportsbook welcome bonuses (like the $1,000 welcome bonus at Caesars, the $1,500 bonus at BetMGM Massachusetts, and the $1,400 bonus at DraftKings Massachusetts, etc.).
While Bally Bet does offer in-app streaming — a feature that’s almost impossible to find at major books — it’s limited by its app reliability. With all that in mind, Caesars wins this comparison. But it depends on what you’re looking for in a sportsbook.
Live betting options at Bally Bet Sportsbook
Live betting (also known as in-play betting) involves wagering on games already underway, using “live odds” that fluctuate based on real-time game action.
If a team takes a big lead halfway through the game, for example, odds will change to show that team is newly and perhaps heavily favored to win.
On the other hand, if a team falls behind, you might be able to get higher odds if you bet on that squad to come back and win.
Bally Bet has a live betting section on its app and desktop that displays all the current games available for live betting. You can view the odds as they update. When you see a bet that you like, simply click on the odds to add it to your bet slip. While live betting is made easy at Bally Bet through the dedicated live betting screen, the options are a little limited compared to larger sportsbooks.
In addition to live betting, you can always make all your standard bet types at Bally Bet.
If you need a refresher, these are some common bet types:
- Moneylines: Straight wagers placed on a team to win using American odds (e.g., $10 on the Boston Celtics to win at +120 odds).
- Spreads: Wagers on a team to win that incorporate the margin of victory (e.g., betting on the New England Patriots +6.5 against the New York Giants, meaning the bet wins as long as the Pats don’t lose by 7 points or more).
- Totals: Wagers on whether the total number of points scored in a game will be over or under a pre-set total (e.g., $10 on there being over 44.5 points scored in the Patriots-Giants game).
- Parlays: Wagers that assemble multiple wagers into one overall bet in exchange for higher odds (e.g., $10 on the Celtics to win, the Bucks to win and the Nets–Knicks game to go over 220.5 points).
- Same Game Parlays: Like the above, but with all the legs coming from the same game (e.g., $10 on the Celtics to win, Jayson Tatum to score over 25 points and the game to end in regulation).
- Props: Wagers unrelated to the outcome of the game, like on a given player’s statistics or another feature of the game apart from the result (e.g., $10 on the outcome of the first drive in the Patriots-Vikings game to be a touchdown).
- Futures: Wagers on an outcome further in the future (e.g., $10 on the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup, placed early in the regular season).
Banking, customer service and setting limits at Bally Bet Sportsbook
How to add funds or cash out
Users have a few options for depositing and withdrawing funds at Bally Bet. All of them are secure and relatively fast. To deposit funds into your Bally Bet account, you need to add a minimum of $10, and you can choose from the following methods:
- Play+ Card
- ACH eCheck
- Bank transfer (can take up to 48 hours to process)
To withdraw funds from your Bally Bet Sportsbook account, your options are much more limited. Expect longer wait times. As with depositing, there is a $10 minimum to withdraw. Here are the current options:
- ACH eCheck (1-5 banking days)
- Play+ Card (1-5 banking days)
How to contact Bally Bet customer service in Massachusetts
Customer service is a strong point at Bally Bet. If an issue arises with your Bally Bet account, you can make use of a 24/7 customer support live chat that should be able to resolve most problems. There is also phone support available (call 844-844-3238) and an email address (support@Bally Bet.com). Plus, support can be reached on Twitter via @Bally Bet.
How to set limits at Bally Bet
Always remember to bet responsibly. Bally Bet has several options for users who want to ensure their gambling remains under control. For example, users can access the responsible gambling section at the bottom of the Bally Bet site. From there, you can find a variety of resources. These include:
- Deposit limits
- Spending limits
- Time limits
- Cool-off periods
Users can also add themselves to a self-exclusion list if they want to pursue a longer-term break from sports betting on all platforms. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact the Massachusetts Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-327-5050.
Bally Bet betting locations and partnerships
Because Bally Bet holds an “untethered” license in Massachusetts, it’s not required to partner with a local sports franchise, casino, racetrack or other institution to operate. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t form such a partnership in the future for marketing purposes.
Outside of Massachusetts, Bally Bet has partnerships in various states. This includes agreements with sports franchises like the New York Yankees (NY) in the MLB and the Phoenix Mercury (AZ) of the WNBA, along with casinos like Bally’s Evansville (IN) and Elite Casino Resorts (IA).
While Bally Bet is not yet legal in Ohio, it does have a partnership in place with the NFL’s Cleveland Browns.
Bally Bet Massachusetts FAQs
What is the Bally Bet Massachusetts bonus code in September 2023?
Bally Bet Sportsbook does not have a sign-up bonus currently. For that reason, you don’t need to worry about entering a Bally Bet Massachusetts promo code when signing up.
When will Bally Bet launch in Massachusetts?
Unknown. While the first legal and regulated online sportsbooks in Massachusetts arrived in March 2023, Bally Bet told regulators it planned to go live a couple of months later, in May. However, it’s now September and Bally Bet has yet to launch. On the positive side, Bally Bet has already been approved for a sportsbook license by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Is Bally Bet Sportsbook Massachusetts legit?
Yes. Not only has the Bally’s brand built up a reputation for quality and reliability in the gambling industry over the last 80-plus years, but Bally Bet has also been licensed to operate by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC). The MGC is a state government agency that oversees all betting activity in Massachusetts to ensure that consumers are protected. You can rest assured that betting with Bally Bet is safe and fair.
Can I bet on UMass games at Bally Bet?
Sometimes. While Bally Bet offers an impressive suite of NCAA betting options, the Massachusetts Sports Wagering Act bans wagering on in-state college teams. There is an exception to the rule, however, which applies when the team in question is competing in a tournament. Therefore, you can bet on Massachusetts-based college teams if they are competing in March Madness, for example.
What is the minimum deposit at Bally Bet MA?
There is a minimum of $10 via all Bally Bet’s deposit methods. Currently, users can choose to deposit using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Maestro), ACH eCheck, Play+ Card or a bank transfer. All methods process instantly, except for bank transfers, which can take up to 48 hours.
Who owns Bally Bet?
Bally Bet is owned by Bally’s Corporation, a nationwide entertainment company based in Providence, Rhode Island. The corporation operates 14 casinos nationwide and has recently invested heavily in building up Bally Bet as a competitor to other sportsbook apps. It’s spent more than $3 billion on creating Bally Bet.
How does Bally Bet compare to Bovada?
While you can often find juicier bonuses and better odds at offshore sportsbooks like Bovada, keep in mind that Bally Bet is a licensed sportsbook, whereas Bovada is not. That means that there is no government authority overseeing Bovada, meaning there is a greater risk to any funds or personal information stored on the site. Bally Bet is overseen by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), which makes it considerably more trustworthy.