Barstool Sportsbook Massachusetts – $1,000 Welcome Bonus
Disclaimer: Barstool Sportsbook is not yet live in Massachusetts. This review is of expected bonuses and promotions, we will update once Barstool launches in MA.
Barstool online sportsbook may soon be live in Massachusetts for sports fans to wager on a range of US and international leagues and games. The controversial sports media company continues to make the headlines and has already launched sports betting sites in other states after teaming up with Penn National Gaming in 2020.
The sportsbook is available on both mobile and desktop devices, with a smooth interface that’s easy to make your way around. It has around 15-plus sports to bet on, covering all the main types of bets.
Plus, new customers at Barstool Sportsbook in Massachusetts can claim a welcome bonus from the site when signing up. Here’s our full review of the sports betting site and its various features.
Barstool Sportsbook Massachusetts promo code – $1,000 Bonus
Barstool MA’s welcome bonus for new users has two parts. When you create your account, you will receive a $10 join bonus. You can use this to wager on any bet of your choice. Then, when you make your first deposit, you will also qualify for Barstool’s “2 for 1 Player Bonus,” a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000.
How do I get the Barstool sportsbook welcome bonus?
The Barstool welcome bonus in Massachusetts is open to all players 21 and older who are within state borders when registering and betting. You’ll receive the following promotion when you sign up:
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Massachusetts|
|Barstool Promo Code||TBD|
|Welcome Bet||$10 Free Bet|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $1,000|
Barstool Online Sportsbook welcome bonus — the fine print!
The $10 free bet will arrive in your sportsbook wallet as soon as you’ve registered and Barstool Sportsbook has verified your account. You can use this to place any sports bet that takes your fancy, including live bets, props and futures, as long as the bet has odds of -200 or greater.
The next part of the welcome offer will come into play when you make your first bet on the site. Barstool’s “2 for 1 New Player Bonus” means that if your first bet results in a loss, the sportsbook will refund your wager up to a maximum of $1,000. The refund will arrive as bonus cash that you need to play through once to unlock it for withdrawal, and again, your bet must have odds of -200 or longer.
This means that if you were to place a first wager of $150 and the bet lost, Barstool would send you $150 in bonus cash to use on any bet of your choice.
Can I trust Barstool Sportsbook in Massachusetts?
While the Barstool media company may have had some controversial episodes, its sportsbook is trustworthy. It successfully applied for a sports betting license in Massachusetts via the usual channels, and operates under state gambling regulations.
You must be 21 or older and within Massachusetts state lines to bet on the site. Barstool uses your sign-up details and geolocation technology to check both of these factors. Banking transactions use SSL encryption, and the site has a responsible gambling policy that ticks all the boxes when it comes to state guidelines.
Getting started at Barstool Sportsbook in Massachusetts
To begin betting at Barstool MA Sportsbook, you’ll need an account. Head to the sportsbook site and enter the following information to register:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Select your marketing and contact preferences, then read through Barstool’s terms and conditions. You will then need to confirm your age and location. Barstool will check your information before creating your account.
How do I download the Barstool sports betting app for MA?
Barstool makes it easy to place and track bets, access the sportsbook’s cashier and claim promotions from its app. The app is free and available for Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to download the Barstool Sportsbook app.
Barstool Sportsbook app for iOS
Head to the Barstool Sportsbook site on your Apple phone or tablet’s mobile browser. A prompt to download the iOS app should appear at the top of the screen. This will redirect you to the App Store to download and install the sportsbook.
Barstool Sportsbook app for Android
Head to the Barstool site same as above, except this time follow the on-screen prompts to download the Android app.
Where do I find Barstool Sportsbook promotions?
Barstool Sportsbook’s promotions are available in the left-hand menu on the website or the main menu of the app, via the “Promotions” link. This is pretty easy to access and features a variety of offers, all labeled with a brief description and a button to view the terms of the promo.
You will find multiple parlay insurance and free bet offers here, as well as bonus rewards for personalizing your account and taking advantage of other features on the site. Most promos here are based around big annual events and games. So if it’s time for the Super Bowl, for example, expect multiple offers surrounding that.
Barstool is also part of a sportsbook rewards program — mychoice. Sign up to receive one point for every $10 straight bet or every $5 parlay. Points will get you special promotions on the site, Barstool merch or perks at various casino resorts.
Why should I choose the Barstool Sportsbook app?
Barstool Sportsbook is very similar to other online sportsbooks out there, but we also found a few features that stood out in our review of the site:
- Promotions banner: You’ll find a large promotions banner on the homepage of the site to ensure you never miss out on an offer. This does feel fairly pushy, but at least there’s no way of ever failing to notice an odds boost or free bet.
- Simple website: When you open the sportsbook page on the Barstool site or app, you’ll immediately have the option to choose a sport. There’s nothing fancy about this online sportsbook. It’s all very to-the-point and therefore pretty easy to navigate.
- Betting preferences: You have to option to customize your profile by adding your betting preferences. This includes your favorite sports and leagues to wager on. You’ll also receive a $5 sportsbook bonus for doing so.
What won’t I like about the Barstool Sportsbook app?
You may be familiar with some of the controversy surrounding Barstool, so we won’t go into that too much. There are, however, a couple of other changes we would like to see from the sportsbook:
- Better sportsbook/casino balance: Barstool’s push for its online casino is much bigger than its sportsbook push, meaning sports betting can feel secondary to other features on the site. We’d like to see more from the sportsbook to make the platform a little more balanced for users who may not care about the casino.
- Usability: There are a few usability issues with this site. The mobile website doesn’t work exactly as expected, and it can be nearly impossible to use the website on a desktop computer if you reduce the size of your window, to split-screen for example.
What kind of bets can I make at Barstool online sports betting?
There are multiple betting options at Barstool, including all of the sportsbook standards:
- Totals: Here, you’re wagering on the total combined score of both teams in the game. Barstool will set a line, and you wager whether the actual total score will be over or under that line. Another name for these bets is over/unders.
- Point spreads: Wager on the points difference between two teams at the end of a game. Again, the sportsbook will set a line, and you can then wager on one team or the other to exceed that point margin, with the favored team giving up points and the underdog getting points.
- Moneylines: The moneyline is one of the easiest bets to make, as you’re betting on which side will win the game. If you’re looking to bet on the favorite, go for the team with negative odds. For the underdog, wager on the team with positive odds.
- Parlays: Combine two or more bets as one wager to form a parlay. Here, you will only collect winnings if every individual part of your parlay wins. You can create a parlay at Barstool through your bet slip. The sportsbook also has parlay insurance, which generally kicks in if you lose your parlay by just one leg.
- Props: These are essentially side bets that tend to not directly depend on the final outcome of the game. For example, you could bet on which player will score first or the number of points a specific player will score in a game.
- Live bets: Also known as in game betting, this allows you to place wagers once a game has started. Live betting is generally very fast-paced, so you’ll need to keep an eye on the action and fast-changing odds on the Barstool site or app.
- Futures: Bet on a season-long event, such as a specific team to win a championship. You’ll find these at Barstool by selecting your sport then clicking on the futures tab next to the live betting button.
Can I bet on the Boston Celtics at Barstool?
Yes, the Boston Celtics and the rest of the NBA feature pretty heavily on the Barstool Sportsbook site. Here are a few wagering options you’re likely to find:
- Futures: Bet on whether the Celtics will make the NBA playoffs, for instance. Do so by clicking on the NBA, choosing the Celtics, then hitting the futures tab at the top of the screen.
- Correct score: Wager on the exact score of the next Celtics game. You’ll find a full range of options to choose from, and most have pretty good odds.
- MVP winner: Another popular futures bet is trying to pick the NBA’s next MVP winner.
- Halftime lines: A fast-paced way to bet on the NBA is to take a look at halftime lines that are only applicable to the second half of a game plus overtime. You might want to wager on the number of points the Celtics will score in the second half, or the overall winner of the half.
How do I get money on (and off!) Barstool Sportsbook quickly?
Using the Barstool cashier is a pretty fast and simple process. There are online banking, e-wallet and prepaid options available.
All deposits are instant, but some payment methods may come with service fees, so keep that in mind when funding your account. Here are the deposit options at Barstool:
- Play+ card
- Credit/debit card
- Apple Pay
- Wire transfer
Withdrawals can take up to 10 days at Barstool, which is slower than at some other online sportsbooks. Here are the options for cashing out:
- Play+ card
- ACH (e-check)
- Online banking
- Check by mail
How do I get help at Barstool Sportsbook?
There’s nothing out of the ordinary to report on when it comes to Barstool’s customer support — you can get in touch via live chat, telephone or email. To get started, click on the contact support link on the site to head over to Barstool’s FAQ. This answers questions on promotions, betting and banking. If you need to speak to a customer support representative, hit the contact link at the bottom of the FAQ page.
How do I exclude myself from Barstool?
You can organize temporary cool-off periods or full self-exclusion at Barstool Sportsbook. Do so by clicking the “Responsible Gaming” bar at the top of the site, then scroll to find the self-exclusion section. From there, you’ll find info on how to block your access to Barstool products.
There are other ways to limit your betting at Barstool, such as setting limits on the amount you can wager and deposit. You can also permanently close your sportsbook account by getting in touch with the site’s customer support.
Can I bet with Barstool Sportsbook in person?
There isn’t the option to bet in-person at Barstool in Massachusetts just yet, but this could change over time. The sportsbook has already opened retail locations in Colorado, Michigan and Indiana, so there’s no reason why this wouldn’t extend to the US.
Considering that Barstool has partnered with Penn National Gaming, and one of the gambling giant’s properties is Plainridge Park Casino in Massachusetts, it’s likely we would see a Barstool Sportsbook open there when the time came.
How does Barstool compare to other Massachusetts sportsbooks?
Barstool is a solid sportsbook that could be good for new sports bettors, but there also may be higher-quality options available at the moment. If you’re looking for a great online sportsbook without the controversy attached to the Barstool brand, you might want to take a look at DraftKings Massachusetts, FanDuel Sportsbook or BetMGM Sportsbook in Massachusetts as an option.
Barstool Sportsbook FAQ
You need to be 21 or older to bet at Barstool or any other legal sportsbook in the state. Barstool will check your age when you sign up for an account.
Yes, from time to time you will see the option to cash out early on a bet in your bet slip. This gives you the option to settle your bet without waiting for the outcome, either to cut your losses or lock in some winnings.
The minimum deposit at Barstool is $10. You can add funds to your account via PayPal, prepaid card, PayNearMe, ACH, online banking and wire transfer via the cashier.
Yes. Encryption technology will protect your payment details when banking, and the sportsbook has a full responsible gambling policy that you can view by clicking the disclaimer bar at the top of the site.
Barstool Sportsbook is a collaboration between the sports media company Barstool and gambling giant Penn National Gaming. The two partnered to create the sportsbook in 2020.