Disclaimer: Unibet Sportsbook is not yet online in Massachusetts and there are no plans for launching in the state as of June 2023. This review will be updated if Unibet does launch in Massachusetts. Here are the best online sportsbook apps that you can sign up with in Massachusetts:
Now that sports betting is legal in Massachusetts, one of the platforms that could launch in the state is Unibet Sportsbook. The platform has applied for a sportsbook license from the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC), although as of February, it has not been approved yet. Should it get the green light, sports fans in the state will have access to a vast betting market with plenty of options.
In addition, Unibet features a solid welcome bonus that involves First Bet Insurance for up to $500.
Sports betting in Massachusetts is heating up, and we are here to provide you with everything you need to know. On this page, in addition to that welcome bonus, we’ll review what else Unibet may have to offer sports bettors in Massachusetts, including the bets you can place, other promotions for regular bettors, how the sportsbook app measures up, and other key aspects.
Unibet Massachusetts Bonus Code in 2023
Most US sportsbooks offer special welcome bonuses to new users. Once live in Massachusetts, Unibet is expected to offer new users a sign-up bonus. To claim Unibet’s welcome bonus, enter the bonus code BETBONUS when you sign up for an account.
|Unibet Massachusetts Bonus Code||None|
|First Bet Insurance||Up to $500|
|Launch Date||Unibet Sportsbook is not expected to launch in Massachusetts|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Unibet Sportsbook MA Welcome Bonus — The Fine Print
Once you’ve registered for an account and entered the bonus code, you’ll be eligible for reimbursement of up to $500 if your first bet loses. This essentially serves as First Bet Insurance.
Keep in mind that in order to qualify, you need to deposit at least $10 into your Unibet account. Then, once you place a bet, two things can happen:
- You win your bet, collect your winnings and the bonus offer goes away.
- You lose your bet. Unibet MA will reimburse that wager (the refund is maxed at $500) in the next 72 hours. The refund will arrive in your account as bonus credits equal to the amount you staked. You can then bet with those credits and, if you win, do as you wish with the winnings.
Here are some additional terms and conditions to note:
- If your first bet is a push, you won’t qualify for the refund.
- If you use the “cash out” option on your first bet (settling it before the game is over), Unibet will count your bet as a win, and you won’t be eligible for the refund.
- You have 30 days to complete the 1x playthrough requirement of any bonus credits you receive. If you fail to do so, you forfeit the bonus credits.
As always, be sure to read the full terms and conditions on the platform when claiming the Unibet Massachusetts welcome bonus.
Can I Trust Unibet Sportsbook?
Yes. Unibet has been around since 1997, is legal in several US states and has won multiple prestigious awards in Europe. Overall, it’s a major multinational sportsbook, so you can be assured of a professional and safe experience when betting there.
To launch in Massachusetts, Unibet would have had to receive the OK from the MGC. To legally operate in the state, the sportsbook will accept wagers only from individuals of legal gambling age (21 or older) located within Massachusetts.
Getting Started With the Unibet App in Massachusetts
You should be able to sign up at Unibet within a few minutes. The sign-up process involves just a few steps, making it as efficient as possible for new users. In order to get started, head to the sportsbook’s homepage and follow these steps:
- Hit the registration button.
- Fill out the form. Enter the necessary details like username, password, phone number, address, the last four digits of your Social Security number and the bonus code when it prompts you.
- Submit the application.
You’ll probably need to go through additional verification when depositing or withdrawing, but this will be standard procedure at each of the legal sportsbooks in Massachusetts.
Where Do I Find Unibet Promotions?
The tab for promotions appears in the top menu. The lobby will have odds boosts, including daily boost (single-game), local boost (market-specific) and parlay boosts, which can ramp up your parlay winnings by as much as 50%.
Depending on the schedule, you’ll also potentially find refer-a-friend deals, live betting promotions and weekly free bets. Now and then (usually for major events), Unibet will add a few insurance offers to the roster.
Why Should I Choose Unibet Sportsbook in Massachusetts?
There’s plenty to like about Unibet online sports betting. Here are the main areas we noted during our review:
- Live streaming: Unibet had a live streaming service long before US sportsbooks went mainstream. The sportsbook’s flagship product, Unibet TV, gives bettors access to thousands of live sporting events each year. You need to have a positive balance in your account or an ongoing live bet to use this feature.
- Stable pricing: Like other Kambi-powered books, Unibet has competitive odds across the board. The prices are at around the standard -110 on both sides of totals and spreads. When it comes to futures, Unibet’s odds are in line with the industry standard.
- User-friendly platform: Unibet delivers an excellent user experience through a simple yet intuitive website. The sportsbook keeps things sleek and is devoid of flashy promotional banners or celebrity pop-ups that we’re used to seeing at other sites. Both the desktop version and the app are responsive and seem to operate smoothly.
What Won’t I Like About the Unibet Sportsbook App?
While Unibet is mostly solid across the board, here are some areas that could use improvement:
- Lack of a loyalty program: While loyalty programs aren’t exactly standard at US sportsbooks, Unibet having one would be a nice boost to its other promotions.
- No same-game parlays: Same-game parlays are one of the hottest trends in the sports betting industry. As it stands, only a handful of sportsbooks offer this feature, with Unibet not yet being one of them.
- Inconsistent offerings across different states: Unibet has a different product for each state where it operates, which isn’t necessarily a good thing. The sportsbook may offer a better welcome bonus at its New Jersey sportsbook or a more diverse betting program than the one for Pennsylvania. We would like to see consistency, regardless of the jurisdiction.
Types of Bets You Can Make at Unibet Massachusetts Sportsbook
Unibet’s betting portfolio is pretty diverse, with the standard array of bets like moneylines, spreads and totals. Other common wager types include prop bets, futures, parlays, teasers, and live bets.
The platform has the more popular sports leagues to bet on, including the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. There are also more niche league available to bet on, so there is truly something for everyone.
To make things even better, the sportsbook has a betting guide that nicely explains all your wagering options. This is a great feature that is not available on a lot of other sports betting platforms. We recommend checking it out when betting with Unibet Sportsbook Massachusetts.
Can I Bet on the New England Patriots at Unibet Massachusetts?
Yes, as well as on other Massachusetts-based pro teams like the Boston Celtics, Red Sox and Bruins. You’ll also find additional wagers beyond the ones we just went over. For NFL games, Unibet releases a variety of wagers, including the following:
- Race to X points: You could bet on the Patriots to reach the 10-point mark before the opposing side, for instance.
- Quarters/halves: You can bet on specific intervals within an NFL game, whether the bets be moneylines, spreads or totals. Unibet also offers a couple of side bets regarding a particular segment of the contest, for instance betting on if there will be a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Teaser+: For high-profile events like NFL games, Unibet will let you create homemade teasers and adjust the line by as much as 10 points. For example, you could reduce the total line from 51.5 to 45.5 and collect a big payday by betting the under.
- Futures: This is where Unibet is stronger than many of its competitors. In the months leading up to the NFL season, the sportsbook releases a wide range of futures, including the standard Super Bowl and MVP bets, as well as divisional futures and a couple more individual options like Offensive Rookie of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year.
Banking Methods at Unibet Massachusetts
Unibet offers a solid range of banking methods, although many are available only for deposits. You can top up your account via the following options:
- Online bank transfer
- Debit card
The list is not as exhaustive for withdrawals and includes only three choices — online banking, PayPal and Play+. The average processing time is 1-2 days, but it usually takes less than that.
One noteworthy limitation to deposit methods on Unibet MA is that you cannot use credit cards. This is a state law, as no sportsbook that operates in the Bay State will have credit cards as an available banking method. Massachusetts is one of a handful of states that doesn’t allow credit cards for sports wagers, including Iowa, New York, Tennessee, and Connecticut. This is done because state lawmakers want to prevent residents from racking up credit card debt via sports betting.
Unibet Sportsbook Massachusetts FAQs
How do I get help at Unibet Sportsbook?
If you encounter a problem and can’t solve it yourself, you can contact Unibet’s customer service. The live chat service’s working hours are from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and you can also call on the phone during this period. Email support is available around the clock, although you won’t get immediate replies like with the other two contact channels. Before you contact support representatives, make sure to browse the FAQs page, as there’s a chance you’ll find your answer there.
How do I exclude myself from Unibet?
In the upper right corner of the site, the “RG” logo directly links to the responsible gambling page, where you can set deposit, time and betting limits. This can help you instill self-discipline over your gambling habits and ultimately bet in a more responsible manner. The sportsbook also provides a telephone line for problem gambling centers. And if neither of these methods helps, it might be a good idea to self-exclude from the sportsbook, at least for a while.
Can I bet at Unibet in person?
No, at the moment Unibet does not have a physical sportsbook in Massachusetts, though this could change in the future.
How does Unibet compare to other Massachusetts sportsbooks?
Unibet is a great sportsbook that does well on most fronts, but it’s not without flaws. It has some catching up to do when it comes to options of sports to bet on, which are currently average at best.
All the fan favorites are on board, but the sportsbook lags behind its competitors somewhat in the niche department. The welcome bonus and promotions for existing customers are solid, but nothing more than that.
All in all, Unibet will likely be a tier below FanDuel or DraftKings Massachusetts but it will still have room to potentially reach their level.