Unibet Sportsbook Massachusetts – Bonus Code BETBONUS for $500
Disclaimer: Unibet Sportsbook is not yet online in Massachusetts. This review is speculative based on the Unibet sportsbook product in other states and will be updated when it launches here.
With legal sports betting on its way to Massachusetts, one of the sportsbooks that could launch in the state is Unibet. Should that happen, new customers will be eligible for a risk-free first bet for up to $500.
Unibet is one of 23 companies that applied for online MA sports betting licenses, so we’ll see if it makes the cut.
On this page, in addition to that welcome bonus, we’ll review what else Unibet may have to offer sports bettors in Massachusetts, including the bets you can place there, other promotions for regular bettors, how the sportsbook app measures up, and other key aspects.
Unibet Massachusetts Bonus Code in 2022
Most US sportsbooks offer special welcome bonuses to new users. Once live in Massachusetts, Unibet is expected to offer new users a sign-up bonus. To claim Unibet’s welcome bonus, enter the bonus code BETBONUS when you sign up for an account.
|Online Sportsbook||Unibet Sportsbook Massachusetts|
|Risk-Free Bet||Up to $500|
|Last Updated||December 2022|
Unibet Sportsbook MA Welcome Bonus — The Fine Print
Once you’ve registered for an account and entered the bonus code, you’ll be eligible for reimbursement of up to $500 if your first bet loses. Keep in mind that in order to qualify, you need to deposit at least $10 into your Unibet account. Then, once you place a bet, two things can happen:
- You win your bet, collect your winnings and the bonus offer goes away.
- You lose your bet. Unibet MA will reimburse that wager (the refund is maxed at $500) in the next 72 hours. The refund will arrive in your account as bonus credits equal to the amount you staked. You can then bet with those credits and, if you win, do as you wish with the winnings.
Here are some additional terms and conditions to note:
- If your first bet is a push, you won’t qualify for the refund.
- If you use the “cash out” option on your first bet (settling it before the game is over), Unibet will count your bet as a win, and you won’t be eligible for the refund.
- You have 30 days to complete the 1x playthrough requirement of any bonus credits you receive. If you fail to do so, you forfeit the bonus credits.
Can I Trust Unibet Sportsbook?
Yes. Unibet has been around since 1997, is legal in several US states and has won multiple prestigious awards in Europe. Overall, it’s a major multinational sportsbook, so you can be assured of a professional and safe experience when betting there.
To launch in Massachusetts, Unibet would have had to receive the OK from the Massachusetts Gaming Commission. To legally operate in the state, the sportsbook will accept wagers only from individuals of legal gambling age (21 or older) located within Massachusetts.
Getting Started With the Unibet App in Massachusetts
You should be able to sign up at Unibet within a few minutes. The sign-up process involves just a few steps, making it as efficient as possible for new users. In order to get started, head to the sportsbook’s homepage and follow these steps:
- Hit the registration button.
- Fill out the form. Enter the necessary details like username, password, phone number, address, the last four digits of your Social Security number and the bonus code when it prompts you.
- Submit the application.
You’ll probably need to go through additional verification when depositing or withdrawing, but this will be standard procedure at each of the legal sportsbooks in Massachusetts.
How Do I download the Unibet App?
At the top of the sportsbook homepage, select the “Mobile Apps” link. Then, depending on whether you have an Android or iOS device, choose either the link that says “Get it on Google Play” or “Download on the App Store.” Follow any additional prompts to complete the installation from there.
Where Do I Find Unibet Promotions?
The tab for promotions appears in the top menu. The lobby will have odds boosts, including daily boost (single-game), local boost (market-specific) and parlay boosts, which can ramp up your parlay winnings by as much as 50%.
Depending on the schedule, you’ll also potentially find refer-a-friend deals, live betting promotions and weekly free bets. Now and then (usually for major events), Unibet will add a few insurance offers to the roster.
Why Should I Choose Unibet Sportsbook in Massachusetts?
There’s plenty to like about Unibet online sports betting. Here are the main areas we noted during our review:
- Live streaming: Unibet had a live streaming service long before US sportsbooks went mainstream. The sportsbook’s flagship product, Unibet TV, gives bettors access to thousands of live sporting events each year. You need to have a positive balance in your account or an ongoing live bet to use this feature.
- Stable pricing: Like other Kambi-powered books, Unibet has competitive odds across the board. The prices are at around the standard -110 on both sides of totals and spreads. When it comes to futures, Unibet’s odds are in line with the industry standard.
- User-friendly platform: Unibet delivers an excellent user experience through a simple yet intuitive website. The sportsbook keeps things sleek and is devoid of flashy promotional banners or celebrity pop-ups that we’re used to seeing at other sites. Both the desktop version and the app are responsive and seem to operate smoothly.
What Won’t I Like About the Unibet Sportsbook App?
While Unibet is mostly solid across the board, here are some areas that could use improvement:
- Lack of a loyalty program: While loyalty programs aren’t exactly standard at US sportsbooks, Unibet having one would be a nice boost to its other promotions.
- No same-game parlays: Same-game parlays are one of the hottest trends in the sports betting industry. As it stands, only a handful of sportsbooks offer this feature, with Unibet not yet being one of them.
- Inconsistent offerings across different states: Unibet has a different product for each state where it operates, which isn’t necessarily a good thing. The sportsbook may offer a better welcome bonus at its New Jersey sportsbook or a more diverse betting program than the one for Pennsylvania. We would like to see consistency, regardless of the jurisdiction.
What Kind of Bets Can I Make at Unibet Massachusetts Sportsbook?
Unibet’s betting portfolio is pretty diverse, with the standard array of bets like moneylines, spreads and totals, and leagues like the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. The sportsbook has a betting guide that nicely explains all your wagering options, but we’ll also go over them here, using the example game below:
|New England Patriots||+6.5 (-107)||+245||Over 51.5 (-113)|
|Los Angeles Rams||-6.5 (-114)||-315||Under 51.5 (-108)|
With so many options, there is truly something for everyone at Unibet. You can find the classic favorites, as well as more niche betting choices.
How to Recognize Underdogs and Favorites
You can easily spot underdogs/favorites by looking at the odds on the moneyline. Negative numbers indicate favorites, and positive numbers are for underdogs. The same rule applies to the number for the point spread. In our example, the Patriots are the underdog and the Rams are the favorites.
To calculate your potential winnings, it depends on which side you bet on. If you win a bet with negative odds, you would win a profit of $100 if you wagered an amount equal to the odds listing. For example, a bet of $315 on the Rams would win you $100 if they beat the Patriots.
If the odds are positive, you would stand to win an amount equal to the listing per $100 that you bet. If you put $100 on the Patriots and they win, you’d win a profit of $245.
Different Types of Bets at Unibet
Here’s a summary of some of the most common wagers you’re likely to run across:
- Moneylines: Bet on one side or the other to win the game at the listed odds.
- Spreads: The spread of 6.5 in the above example means that the favored Rams would need to win by seven or more points for spread bets on them to succeed. A spread bet on the underdog Patriots, meanwhile, would win as long as New England avoids losing by seven or more.
- Totals: Bet on the total combined score of a game. The projected line for the example above is 51.5. You can bet whether the actual combined score will be over or under that line.
- Prop bets: These are essentially side bets, like a bet on which team will score the first TD, whether a player will sink a certain number of 3-pointers in an NBA game or some other specific occurrence. The bigger the game, the more prop bets you’re likely to see.
- Futures: Place a bet on something that will be decided at the end of the season, like betting on a team to win a certain number of games, win its division or win the championship.
- Parlays: Add two or more bets to your slip, and voila, you’ve created a parlay. The payout will progressively rise the more selections (legs) you add to the slip. The downside is that you need to get each of your individual picks correct. Otherwise, you win nothing.
- Teasers: With a teaser bet, you can “buy” a better line in exchange for a parlay. For instance, the standard teaser buy for basketball is four points, so you could change the spread from 8.5 points to 12.5 points in a Boston Celtics game, but you’d have to make that bet as part of a parlay in order to win. So, you’re more likely to hit on the individual bet, but your other legs in the parlay have to also hit for you to cash out.
- Live bets: Place bets on games that are in progress. Depending on how the game unfolds, you’ll notice the lines and odds moving, often at a rapid pace. You can use Unibet’s live streaming service to stay on top of the momentum swings.
Can I Bet on the New England Patriots at Unibet Massachusetts?
Yes, as well as on other Massachusetts-based pro teams like the Boston Celtics, Red Sox and Bruins. You’ll also find additional wagers beyond the ones we just went over. For NFL games, Unibet releases a variety of wagers, including the following:
- Race to X points: You could bet on the Patriots to reach the 10-point mark before the opposing side, for instance.
- Quarters/halves: You can bet on specific intervals within an NFL game, whether the bets be moneylines, spreads or totals. Unibet also offers a couple of side bets regarding a particular segment of the contest, for instance betting on if there will be a touchdown in the first quarter.
- Teaser+: For high-profile events like NFL games, Unibet will let you create homemade teasers and adjust the line by as much as 10 points. For example, you could reduce the total line from 51.5 to 45.5 and collect a big payday by betting the under.
- Futures: This is where Unibet is stronger than many of its competitors. In the months leading up to the NFL season, the sportsbook releases a wide range of futures, including the standard Super Bowl and MVP bets, as well as divisional futures and a couple more individual options like Offensive Rookie of the Year and Comeback Player of the Year.
How Do I Get Money on (and off) Unibet Sportsbook Quickly?
Unibet offers a solid range of banking methods, although many are available only for deposits. You can top up your account via the following options:
- Online bank transfer
- Credit or debit card (Visa/Mastercard)
The list is not as exhaustive for withdrawals and includes only three choices — online banking, PayPal and Play+. The average processing time is 1-2 days, but it usually takes less than that.
How Do I Get Help at Unibet Sportsbook?
If you encounter a problem and can’t solve it yourself, you can contact Unibet’s customer service. The live chat service’s working hours are from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and you can also call on the phone during this period. Email support is available around the clock, although you won’t get immediate replies like with the other two contact channels. Before you contact support representatives, make sure to browse the FAQs page, as there’s a chance you’ll find your answer there.
How Do I Exclude Myself From Unibet?
In the upper right corner of the site, the “RG” logo directly links to the responsible gambling page, where you can set deposit, time and betting limits. This can help you instill self-discipline over your gambling habits and ultimately bet in a more responsible manner. The sportsbook also provides a telephone line for problem gambling centers. And if neither of these methods helps, it might be a good idea to self-exclude from the sportsbook, at least for a while.
Can I Bet at Unibet in Person?
No, at the moment Unibet does not have a physical sportsbook in Massachusetts, though this could change in the future.
How Does Unibet Compare to Other Massachusetts Sportsbooks?
Unibet is a great sportsbook that does well on most fronts, but it’s not without flaws. It has some catching up to do when it comes to options of sports to bet on, which are currently average at best.
All the fan favorites are on board, but the sportsbook lags behind its competitors somewhat in the niche department. The welcome bonus and promotions for existing customers are solid, but nothing more than that.
All in all, Unibet will likely be a tier below FanDuel or DraftKings Massachusetts but it will still have room to potentially reach their level.