Christopher Gerlacher is a lead writer for PlayMA. He is a versatile, experienced writer with a portfolio that ranges from political and legislative pieces to sports and sports betting.
Christopher got his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder with dual emphases in entrepreneurship and human resources. He applied his love for writing with his education in entrepreneurship to launch his writing career.
He enjoys focusing on startups and new ideas that are trying to gain traction within the gambling industry. Recently, he has begun a series of political articles for bettors interested in betting on election outcomes on PredictIt. These articles apply political theory and history to give readers the tools to improve their betting systems and predictions on PredictIt.
Outside the gambling industry, he has been published in The Daily Camera and Free Inquiry. His first op-ed in the Daily Camera criticized CU Boulder for the high rates of sexual violence on campus reported in its 2015 sexual misconduct survey. Shortly before graduation, he wrote a follow up op-ed criticizing the lack of action on the survey’s findings. His work in Free Inquiry began with an article on why deists were the original critics of religious dogma.
Despite growing up in Dallas, his favorite teams are the Broncos and the Rockies. Although, his most of his adopted teams have been struggling, the Avs have been a bright spot in Colorado’s sports scene.
Posts by Chris Gerlacher:
- How Boston Sports Betting Will Compare To Other Markets, 07 Dec 2022
- Will Any of the 15 MA Sports Betting License Applications Be Rejected?, 06 Dec 2022
- Why Legalizing Online Casinos is Harder than Online Sports Betting, 02 Dec 2022
- Avoid This Massachusetts Sports Betting Strategy Mistake , 28 Nov 2022
- Rules For Massachusetts Sports Betting Ads And “Risk-Free” Language, 18 Nov 2022
- Sports Betting Could Drive Responsible Gambling Innovations, 11 Nov 2022
- Why DraftKings Massachusetts Hoped For A Universal Launch, 04 Nov 2022
- How Illegal Sports Betting Is Crippled By Licensed Sportsbooks, 28 Oct 2022
- Universal Sportsbook Start Dates vs. Staggered Start Dates , 04 Oct 2022
- $5 Million: Lost Tax Revenue Each Month Without MA Sports Betting This Football Season, 03 Oct 2022