Christopher Gerlacher is a Lead Writer for PlayMA. He is a versatile, experienced writer with a portfolio that ranges from political and legislative pieces to sports and sports betting.
Christopher got his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Colorado at Boulder with dual emphases in entrepreneurship and human resources. He applied his love for writing with his education in entrepreneurship to launch his writing career.
He enjoys focusing on startups and new ideas that are trying to gain traction within the gambling industry. Recently, he has begun a series of political articles for bettors interested in betting on election outcomes on PredictIt. These articles apply political theory and history to give readers the tools to improve their betting systems and predictions on PredictIt.
Outside the gambling industry, he has been published in The Daily Camera and Free Inquiry. His first op-ed in the Daily Camera criticized CU Boulder for the high rates of sexual violence on campus reported in its 2015 sexual misconduct survey. Shortly before graduation, he wrote a follow up op-ed criticizing the lack of action on the survey’s findings. His work in Free Inquiry began with an article on why deists were the original critics of religious dogma.
Despite growing up in Dallas, his favorite teams are the Broncos and the Rockies. Although, his most of his adopted teams have been struggling, the Avs have been a bright spot in Colorado’s sports scene.
Must-read PlayMA stories by Chris Gerlacher
Market Projections – PlayMA Projects 5% Market Share For Fanatics In MA, Far Behind DraftKings & FanDuel
Promo Write-offs – Will Massachusetts Promo Write-Off Policy Hurt Bettors’ Bonus Offers?
Sports Betting – Inside the 6-Month Frenzy To Launch Sports Betting In Massachusetts
Sportsbook Rankings – Ranking My Live Betting Experience At Massachusetts Sportsbook Apps
Posts by Chris Gerlacher:
- Analysis: New England Patriots Stadium Accessibility Features Lag Behind, 14 Sep 2023
- New Update In Decade-Long Battle For First Light Casino In Massachusetts, 11 Sep 2023
- PlayMA Projects 5% Market Share For Fanatics In MA, Far Behind DraftKings & FanDuel, 14 Jun 2023
- Will Massachusetts Promo Write-Off Policy Hurt Bettors’ Bonus Offers?, 04 Apr 2023
- Inside the 6-Month Frenzy To Launch Sports Betting In Massachusetts, 03 Apr 2023
- WynnBET Took 4 Days To Verify My ID. Caesars Sportsbook Took A Week., 29 Mar 2023
- Ranking My Live Betting Experience At Massachusetts Sportsbook Apps, 29 Mar 2023
- How Ohio, Colorado Promo Write-Off Models Would Look In Massachusetts, 23 Mar 2023
- MA Has Strict Promo Tax Write-Off Policy. What Do Other States Do?, 23 Mar 2023
- Massachusetts Law Allows For 15 Sportsbooks. Will That Ever Happen?, 16 Mar 2023