BetMGM Horse Racing Massachusetts – $200 Sign-up Bonus
Disclaimer: BetMGM Racebook is not yet online in Massachusetts. This review is speculative based on what is known so far and will be updated once BetMGM launches in MA.
BetMGM Racing is set to offer an extensive range of betting options across thoroughbred, quarter horse and harness races, including to bettors in Massachusetts. What’s more, it offers a variety of amenities like free handicapping info and live streams — all of which can help you make more informed decisions when you start lining up your bets.
To entice newcomers into signing up, the BetMGM Racebook offers a 100% deposit matching bonus up to $200. And once you settle in and become a regular user, you can try out other perks like free horse racing contests and insurance bets.
Long story short, BetMGM offers an excellent horse betting portal. To learn more about it, read our review below.
- New customers receive a deposit match bonus up to $200.
- BetMGM will utilize the NYRA platform for its website and app.
- BetMGM features impressive race coverage, both domestically and internationally.
BetMGM Horse Racing Massachusetts bonus code 2023
Create an account at the BetMGM Racebook and enter the applicable code to receive a matching bonus of 100% up to $200 when you make your first deposit.
|Online Racebook||BetMGM Racing Massachusetts|
|First Deposit Bonus||100% match up to $200|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
BetMGM Racebook sign-up bonus — the fine print
Once you’ve created an account and entered the bonus code, here are a couple of other aspects of the BetMGM welcome bonus to be aware of:
- You need to make a deposit and then wager the deposited sum within 30 days. Once you do so, the racebook will give you bonus credits equal to your deposit. For example, if you’ve deposited $100, you’d receive an additional $100 in bonus cash to bet with.
- Show bets and future wagers are excluded from this offer.
Overall, this is a solid welcome bonus. The sign-up offers at many other racebooks are either smaller in size or come with more stringent wagering requirements.
Can I trust BetMGM Racebook?
Yes, it’s trustworthy. BetMGM has an impressive pedigree in the gambling industry, which goes back decades to the founding of MGM Resorts. It is currently owned jointly by MGM Resorts and Entain Holdings, one of the world’s largest sports betting and gambling enterprises. The two powerhouses joined forces in July 2018 to create BetMGM as part of the surging legal sports betting market in the US.
Soon after, BetMGM branched into other areas. It now offers sports betting, an online casino and online poker in various states across the country.
In May 2021, BetMGM added another gambling format to its platform — a racebook. This occurred via a partnership with the New York Racing Association and its betting site, NYRA Bets, one of the leading horse wagering sites in the US.
In addition to the many well-respected companies behind it, to operate in Massachusetts, BetMGM Racing will need to receive approval from the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, the state’s main regulatory body for online sports betting. As per the regulations, the site will accept bets only from customers of legal horse betting age who are located in Massachusetts when they bet.
Getting started at BetMGM Racebook in Massachusetts
Signing up for a racebook account at BetMGM will likely take only a few minutes. Once you visit the site and hit the registration button, you’ll need to provide some personal details:
- Full name
- Login credentials (username, password)
- Phone number
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
On the off chance that the racebook is unable to verify the information you’ve provided, you’ll need to submit copies of additional verification such as a driver’s license, passport, utility bill or bank statement.
Downloading BetMGM Racebook app
The BetMGM Racebook app is available for iOS and Android, allowing you to bet from wherever you want within a legal state and utilize handy features like live streaming. Here’s how to download it:
- Open your mobile browser and load the racebook’s website.
- Find the mobile section.
- Click on the appropriate download link for either Apple or Android.
- Finish installing the app.
- Log in to your account and start betting.
BetMGM Horse Racing promotions
One of the many benefits of choosing the BetMGM Racebook is the number of incentives you can get as an existing customer. There are several ongoing promos at any given moment, with potential options in the form of race rebates, odds boosts and insurance bets. The site also hosts handicapping competitions with prize pools.
There’s also a points-based loyalty program in which bettors collect points for every real money wager. When you accumulate enough points, you can exchange them for free bets.
Available bets at BetMGM online racebook
BetMGM offers a variety of betting choices for horse races. In addition to betting before the race starts, live betting is also available for dozens of races every day. Once you pick a race, you can select your bet and enter the amount you want to wager. You can subsequently configure your betting slip via the menu on the right. Here’s a rundown of popular horse betting terms:
- Win: As the name implies, this bet requires that you pick the winning horse.
- Place: Your horse must either win the race or finish as the runner-up. It’s a less risky — albeit less profitable — variant of the win bet.
- Show: Your horse must finish first, second or third.
- Exacta: Pick the winner and the runner-up in a race, and you must pick them in the correct order.
- Quinella: Like an exacta, but you don’t need to get the order correct.
- Trifecta: Pick the first, second and third horses in a race in the correct order.
- Superfecta: Like a trifecta, but for the top four horses. If you hit a superfecta, the payouts can be substantial.
- Double: In this bet, you must pick the winners of two consecutive races.
- Pick 3 to Pick 6: These are more challenging versions of the double bet, as you need to predict the winners of three or more successive races.
- Grand Slam: This wager can deliver strong payouts. To win, you must pick horses that’ll be in the placings (top three positions) of three consecutive races as well as the winner of a fourth race.
- Pari-mutuel: Common to horse betting, the payouts aren’t fixed but vary based on the amount of money bettors have staked on a particular bet. Once the racebook takes a small cut from the pool, winning bettors will divide the rest of the prize.
- Boxing: Boxing a bet basically means that you’re including all the possible combinations. For instance, if you box an exacta, your selected horses can finish in either order.
Live betting and streaming
If you came in late for the race and couldn’t place your bet on time, don’t worry — you can get in on the action while the race is happening. Not only will you have a multitude of live bets to choose from at BetMGM once the race unfolds, but you’ll also be able to watch the race as it plays out via live streaming.
BetMGM offers live streams for all NYRA racetracks, in addition to streams of races taking place at other venues. You can also watch replays of previous races and catch the thrill all over again. The site also posts useful stats for races, including track details and previous results.
What races can I bet on at BetMGM horse betting?
BetMGM has impressive coverage of over 200 racetracks across the globe, including Suffolk Downs. Here are some of the events you can put your money on:
- Preakness Stakes
- Kentucky Derby
- Belmont Stakes
- Breeders’ Cup
- Arkansas Derby
- Haskell Invitational
- Cheltenham Festival
- Grand National
- Royal Ascot
- Dubai Cup
Banking at BetMGM Racebook MA
BetMGM MA supports a solid number of banking options, so you’ll be able to transfer money to and from your account seamlessly. Here’s the list:
- Wire transfer
- Credit and debit cards
- Express Funding
- Check in the mail
You’ll find round-the-clock customer service at BetMGM Racing for any questions or concerns you may have. You can reach out to the support staff via live chat, email or telephone. For non-pressing matters, you can browse the FAQ page — it’s quite resourceful.
Despite being relatively new to horse betting, BetMGM has all the tools to establish itself as one of the leaders in the industry in the US. The site hits all the right tones — from betting diversity to race selection, bonuses and banking. The racebook app’s usability is the only notable weakness. Other than that, it excels in all aspects.